About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

26 February 2009

The Holocaust? What Holocaust?

British Bishop Richard Williamson today apologized for claiming that "no Jews were gassed during the Holocaust" (FNC). However, he apologized "to all those who took offense and for the distress he caused . . . [but] did not specifically say that his comments were erroneous, or that he no longer believed them" (FNC). He stated, "'If I had known beforehand the full harm and hurt to which [my comments] would give rise, especially to the church, but also to survivors and relatives of victims of injustice under the Third Reich, I would not have made them'" (FNC).
First of all, considering that this man is British, I can only assume that some of his countrymen will have fought in WWII and possibly saw the concentration camps. Even if not, at the very least I know of some who have seen the death camps, and I know that they wouldn't lie.
Second of all, it seems to me that Bishop Williamson is more concerned about saving face than acknowledging that he is clearly wrong and has offended not just an entire nation, but also those who have seen the concentration camps.
Third of all, in my opinion, if Bishop Williamson wants evidence, he should visit Auschwitz-Birkenau, Buchenwald, Buna, Gleiwitz, Sobibor, Treblinka, Belzec, Majdanek, Dachau, Sachsenhausen, Mauthausen, Flossenbürg, or Ravensbrück (I know I've missed some and it's possible that I've mislabeled some). He could also then donate towards their upkeep. And he can tell the Holocaust survivors to their faces that it didn't really happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment