About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

25 July 2009

Blogathon 2009!

Welcome to the next twenty-four consecutively lucid hours of my existence. As a participant in Blogathon 2009, I will be posting a blog every thirty minutes for twenty-four hours -- with a final total of 49 blogs by 9AM EST tomorrow -- in order to raise money for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA). So far, donors have pledged to contribute $105 to IAVA. Although I never set a goal, I never expected to raise that much money! Thank you to everyone -- your support really means a lot to me.

After a bit of conversation and chai at the coffee shop this morning, I picked up B and, following a miscommunication that led to an incredibly stressed return sojourn home, immediately stole the living room television and popped "The Last of the Mohicans" into the DVD player (once D gets here, the guys will most likely take over the television with video games of some sort). I had originally planned to watch a movie pertaining to every major American war (hence "The Last of the Mohicans"), but unfortunately it seems that my plans will be undone. But, I couldn't find a War of 1812 or Korean War movie, anyway.

Time permitting, I hope to post blogs pertaining to military history, interspersed with current news or writing prompts. The blog will have a bit of a different atmosphere for the next twenty-four hours, but I hope you will still find it enjoyable.

It is now 9:00 and I have chai. Although I don't think it's caffeinated. At least it has sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment