About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

14 July 2009

Stealth Jihad

Coincidentally, yesterday I was reading Stealth Jihad: How Radical Islam is Subverting America Without Guns or Bombs. Last night, "The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors held a public hearing . . . to consider a proposal to expand the campus of the Islamic Saudi Academy, a Saudi-owned college preparatory school" (FNC). Community members have been vehemently opposing the expansion, if not because "former students of the school . . . have been convicted in a plot to assassinate former President Bush, and more recently, arrested for trying to board an airplane with a seven-inch kitchen knife" (FNC), then because, according to the chairman of the Virginia Anti-Shariah Task Force, "the Islamic Saudi Academy . . . teaches and practices Shariah law . . . [which] is anti-constitutional and [the Virginia Anti-Shariah Task Force] feel[s] that it is the ultimate improper land use . . . in the state where the Constitution was created'" (FNC).
Also, the convicted students were no mere delinquents. "Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, the school's valedictorian in 1999, was convicted in November 2005 of joining Al Qaeda and plotting to assassinate President Bush" (FNC).
I do not profess to be an expert of Islam or Islamic law (or even vaguely close), but after having studied it last semester, I do agree that sharia law is unconstitutional. Islamic men have rights. Women do not. Non-Muslims do not. And, although Islam recognizes both Jews and Christians as "People of the Book" and thereby protected under dhimmi status, Muslims are also encouraged to kill non-Muslims -- conversion is not considered as a possibility.
While I would like to consider myself a tolerant and accepting person, I also believe that our Founding Fathers would roll in their graves had they known that the nation they envisioned would one day cater to sharia law. My prayers are with VAST, the ten other groups speaking out against the expansion, and the 46 who spoke at the hearing.

Also, while driving home from coffee with the gentlemen this morning, I was driving up a hill about a quarter mile from my home when a man began to pull out of his driveway (the incline was gentle enough that he could see me). Both of his tires were on the road before he finally decided to back into his driveway (I still hadn't crested the hill, and therefore couldn't tell if there was any oncoming traffic). As I passed him, he flipped me the spirit finger.
The moral of the story is that the vast majority of bad/obnoxious drivers that I have encountered over my three years of driving have been men. There was absolutely no reason for him to be so rude to me when I clearly had the right of way. And he wasn't a teenager, either. Also, when I was in a car accident last summer (and by "in," I mean that it wasn't my fault), it was because a nineteen-year-old boy decided it would be smart to cross into my lane to get to a gas station. The lesson learned there would be that even if a car is slowing down to make a turn, it's not smart to cross in front of it. Especially if it's a Jeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment