About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

30 July 2010

Sad, But True

Gen. George S. Patton once said "No good decision was ever made from the seat of a swivel chair." Being that I work for the federal government, I have a phrase that I repeat quite frequently, this is not because of the alignment of the planets or the fact that when I sweat profusely my under britches ride up my butt crack; though I do frequently utter something about that, just a different one. For whatever reason the people that get paid the most for their alleged intelligence, do just the opposite, for example instead of cutting the size of our military, why don't we increase the number of troops, so that we have fresh people, and more people with a regular source of income. But that would make sense which is self defeating in the federal government. That is my quote.
So to tie this in to a much larger scale the fact that today Arizona's controversial law was to start being enforced today, but it wasn't. Because the federal government said that they couldn't enforce the most controversial parts. That being if someone was pulled over or caught jay walking, even questioned about an indecent exposure incident because nobody believed that I had the words "Your Name" tattooed on my posterior; they could ask to see proof of citizenship. This heinous atrocity must never happen! Why not? They already ask for I.D. and vehicle registration, and proof of insurance. How is proving that you are supposed to be hear that difficult? But this would make sense.
The supposed logic behind all of this was that they were trying to enforce federal law. Hmmm, local cops can arrest me for federal weapons charges, and tax evasion if they catch me at a still. Wow, I was always under the impression that any law enforcement agency could arrest me for any law breaking as long as it was, and they are in their jurisdiction. But that's just me, and what do I know?
Now I'm always told that if I see a problem I should also have a suggestion. If I was Jan Brewer I would have the law enforced anyway. What are they going to do declare marshal law. Oh please! Stop! My sides hurt at the thought of Obama having the intestinal fortitude. What are they going to do if they said since you aren't doing your job we will continue to cover for your sorry butt? They wouldn't do anything. The fact that they have to do this in the first place is very sad. But once again the tenth amendment permits Arizona to do so, this is not just the nations problem, but I think a little more Arizona's problem than say, Massachusetts. Just a thought. What is to stop a state from making a federal law stricter in that state? If this makes sense to you, either one of your personalities is a lot like the voices in my head, or B., you make less money than those that are supposed to be smart enough to see common sense for what it is. With that said, I think its time for me to call it quits and take my blood pressure medication, and read more terrorist transcripts on the newest and coolest in the firearms world while driving my roommate nuts blasting Ted Nugent in between Pavoratti and Dvork.

No comments:

Post a Comment