About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

14 March 2009

Glenn Beck, The 9-12 Project & Tea Parties

I must admit that tonight was the first night I watched Glenn Beck -- my dad has mentioned him a few times, and today at the coffee shop one of the guys asked me what I thought of Glenn Beck. Tonight's show gave me a very good first impression of the man.



I thought the above video clip, the opening segment of tonight's show (a re-run from yesterday), was very inspiring. I feel that many Americans -- but not all -- have forgotten what happened on September 11, 2001. The love of our nation and the fear and anger we felt that united us then has since dissipated. And while some Americans are content to be blissfully ignorant about what is happening in our nation, in our government, many are dissatisfied.
If you are dissatisfied and wish this nation was as united as it was on September 12, 2001, then I challenge you to check out The 9-12 Project and live the 9 Principles and 12 Values.

I mentioned tea parties in an earlier post. Fresh Tea Daily provides information on various tea parties to be held on Tax Day (April 15) in Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Judging by the comments on the page, I can only assume that there will be many more tea parties organized in smaller towns and cities! Unfortunately, I will be in classes on the fifteenth, as it is a Wednesday, so I will most likely not be able to attend one of the tea parties, one of which may be held in my city (though I think it would be quite an experience, and I look forward to becoming more involved in politics).

No comments:

Post a Comment