About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

23 March 2009

Party Like It's 1773!

At the moment, I'm watching Glenn Beck play Jenga.



I don't agree with everything suggested, and I must admit, the word "revolution" put me on edge. Of course, that word immediately conjured images of Jason Isaacs running Heath Ledger through with a sword, and Mel Gibson as a South Carolinian plantation owner who makes rocking chairs in his spare time and somehow manages to retain freed slaves to work his land.
Regardless of the "R" word, I still thought that this video was very inspiring. Also, CafePress has a wide variety of tea party paraphernalia -- just type "tea party" into the Search bar.

Speaking of tea parties! Today I parted with two bags of Twinings of London Earl Grey tea. One is adorning my backpack, the other is tied to my over-sized Victoria's Secret bag. I even took a few MySpace-ish photos.


Love the dog hair -- I carry bits of Maddie and Sally around with me everywhere I go.

Don't you love the McCain/Palin signs in the background?

Today was my first day back at college from Spring Break. And even though I didn't spend a week tanning in Cancun and drinking mojitos, I did have a few informal 9-12 coffee talks, and I spent a day at the Antique Arms Show in Baltimore.
I received my Islamic History mid-term exam today. Unfortunately, I only earned an 85.4%, in part due to the fact that I somehow mislabeled the Tigris as Baghdad and the Euphrates as Karbala (and vice versa). Even though I labeled all of the other black circles with white font as cities and the white circles with black font as geographical features, I somehow confused those four. Which is really depressing since I'm partly a History Major and am concentrating in MidEast Studies.

[EDIT 9:47 PM]
I'm rewatching the Thomas Paine video at the moment and, in my opinion, he seems quite similar to Hugo Weaving's character V in the film "V for Vendetta" (which I highly recommend).

For even more information about tea parties, check out Tea Party Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment