About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

19 April 2009

Things I've Learned About Journalism

Next time, I need to make sure to ask for names after taking photos. Although I knew most of my subjects' names, I have some photos with nameless people.

Invest in a tripod. I used Mr. Ritter's, which worked wonderfully.

Buy a newer digital camera. My Sony Cybershot is four or so years old, and even though it still takes great photos, sometimes the setting switches for no apparent reason, and I missed some really good shots yesterday because of that.

I need more pockets. Or something. I had a digital camera in my front and back pants pockets, a digital recorder in my other front pocket, a cell phone clipped to my jeans, and a Sony Handycam strapped to my hand.

Don't doubt the importance of a notebook and a pen. I left mine in my backpack most of the day, and then when I needed it, it was in my Jeep, and so I conducted my interviews and took notes with my Handycam.

No comments:

Post a Comment