About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

02 May 2009

What's in a Name?

Although the url to Licentia Loquendi has never been simple, it wasn't until recently that I decided a change may be in order. After a phone conversation which involved an attempt to relay the url of my blog (which failed the first few times), I've decided that I may need to change the url. I can simply change the Blogger address, which may be difficult due to availability issues, or I could purchase an entirely different url sans the ".blogspot" tag. Unfortunately, the latter option involves money, which I, as a poor college student, do not have. So, for the moment I'm simply contemplating changing the Blogspot address, and perhaps at a later point in the future I'll purchase a separate url. After great deliberation (meaning "a few minutes"), I've considered the following:

amorpatriae.blogspot.com (love of one's country)
exmeasententia.blogspot.com (in my opinion)
licentialoquendi.blogspot.com (free speech)
prodeoetpatria.blogspot.com (for God and country)
sivispacem.blogspot.com (if you want peace)*
sempervigilo.blogspot.com (always vigilant)

I don't know why I'm such a fan of Latin phrases. However, these are, for the most part, potential URL possibilities. I have an inkling, however, that these may be just as difficult as reciting "the dash blue dash state dash. . . ."

*The full quote is "Si vis pacem, para bellum," meaning "If you want peace, prepare for war."

No comments:

Post a Comment