About

Welcome to Licentia Loquendi, founded January 2009. L2 is a team blog that focuses primarily on political, military and Constitutional issues with a Conservative Christian slant. We are two college students, a Navy corpsman, an Army sniper and a Vietnam era Army veteran.

Each writer has free reign over postings. One writer's views are not necessarily the views of all writers.

22 March 2010

It's A Baby Killer

While I am deeply upset with the passage of the healthcare bill and disappointed in our congressmen for so blatantly ignoring the wishes of their constituents, I am encouraged by the fact that God is in control. He has a plan for this country.

Rep. Randy Neaugebauer, R-Texas, released a statement taking ownership of last night’s “baby killer” comment shouted while Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., was speaking Sunday night. . . .
“Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health care bill that my constituents fear and do not support. In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase ‘it’s a baby killer’ in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself. “I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill. The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate.”
If only our congressmen would say what they mean, what they think, more often. The next generation of Americans is being annihilated, and Rep. Neugebauer can't say that the bill is a baby killer. Which, considering the fact that it supports abortion, it is. The inclusion of funded abortions relegates those in support of it to the role of murderers. And yet people at my college can stick posters across campus advertising that "meat's not green" and that we need to save the polar bears.

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. -John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment